Inspired by the Rhythmic time signature patterns of flamenco music, the Compás illuminates the fundamental structural elements & impulse in all musical genres. Primarily characterized by its dynamic & percussive rhythms, the Compás delivers a disciplined performance with high transient speed & clarity of image definition.
This constant Q design generates critically damped driver resonances from octave to octave throughout the audio spectrum. With a Q of 0.5, ringing & transient smearing is eliminated.
Control networks within the Compás crossover are designed specifically to target high resolution & ambience retrieval under high current conditions. At its heart the Compás’s unique ceramic/honeycomb woofers deliver an authoritative low frequency response with unsurpassed transient accuracy, carefully blending with the highs for a “true to source” sound field reproduction. Proprietary low jitter circuitry clarifies the image boundaries to a high-resolution, suitable for professional monitoring, where microphone placement & phasing are critical.
Utilisation of the same diaphragm materials throughout the array adds to the continuity of harmonic structure in a crisp, seamless musical presentation devoid of stored energy; its rock solid imaging presented with a palpable density through accurate & colourful harmonic structures.
Designed by NEIL PATEL for Avalon Acoustics
This remarkable and scarce loudspeaker is available, please call for pricing.
time coherent, phase coherent, resonance coherent
5 driver, 3 way, ultra precision monitors
frequency response: 20 hz – 35 khz / -3db
sensitivity: 91.5 db
recommended power: 20 – 300 watts
impedance: 5 ohm
1″ ceramic inverted dome tweeter
5,5″ ceramic inverted dome midrange
3 x 7″ ceramic inverted dome woofers
basket, spider and magnet design
instrument design, resonance optimized plywood
compound construction, no mdf, synthetics or damping
finish: ivory, piano black or silver metallic, high gloss
terminals and wiring
single wire, tone wood terminals, resonance spectrum optimized
premium wbt goldline hardware
proprietary technology, state-of-the-art internal wire
harness, custom manufactured by shunyata research
height 115 cm, width 29 cm, depth 64 cm, weight 52 kg each
We have a 1 year old Karan acoustics KA L Reference MkIII preamplifier with phono and KA S 600 stereo amplifier for sale.
The units are under 5 year transferable warranty, and they have 4 years left until October 2021 !!!
The price is 18.000EURO for the combo!
The preamplifier is a two box Karan acoustics statement product with power supply contained in one box and all the sensitive preamplification components in the other.
This particular KA L Reference MKIII has optional MM/MC phono board installed with 0,2mV sensitivity for MC cartridges.
- Completely balanced, dual mono circuit topology with no overall feedback
- All stages are DC coupled and operate in true pure class A
- Separate power supply
- In order to avoid inherent nonlinearities of potentiometers, this preamp uses a four-gang attenuator, with 64 positions, implemented by using highest quality vacuum relays and fixed value 0.1% tolerance metal film resistors
- Due to high sensitivity to interference of preamplifiers, the power supply has been relegated to a separate case of its own, and has been made ultra stable using four stabilisation levels per channel
- The preamp is remote controllable for volume only
The behemoth amplifier, Karan Acoustics KA S 600 weighs over 160 pounds and delivers 1800W per channel into 2 OHM load !!!!
This is true dual mono amplifier which require TWO power cables.
- Technical data:
- Extremely short signal path, 24k gold plated circuit boards;
- 20 ultra fast Sanken RET output power devices per channel, with a total current capability of 400 Amperes;
- 8 voltage regulation stages;
- Current feedback topology, with no overall feedback and with only 0.02% Intermodulation distortion (IMD) at rated power output into 8 Ohms;
- Each channel uses a custom moulded 1,500 VA extremely low noise toroidal transformer and 132.000 µF of total capacitance;
- Frequency response DC-300kHz +0, -3 dB;
- S/N ratio better than -112 dB at rated output into 8 Ohms;
- Damping factor better than 10.000:1 into 8 Ohms, 20Hz-20kHz;
- Pink noise power output of 600W/1.000/1.800 into 8/4/2 Ohms;
- Input sensitivity: 2V
- Net weight 76 kg